Two Cats are Better Than One
Summer is kitten season, when BRHA can receive dozens of kittens a week. Come visit our beautiful kitties and you may just find your fur-ever friend! Remember, two cats are better than one. We make it easy with these special offers for adopting a second adult cat or kitten.
Adopt an adult cat, and the second cat is free.
When you take home TWO kittens, you save 50% on the second kitten (kittens are 6 months and younger).
Why Adopt Two Cats?
Cats make wonderful pets. And studies have found that adopting two cats has many benefits:
- Cats who have a playmate tend to be more socially well-adjusted and avoid behavior problems like shyness, biting, hissing, being frightened and hiding in the company of people they don’t know.
- If you must work long hours or travel for a couple of days, two or more cats keep each other company and are more tranquil during your absence.
- Your cat will remain more playful and youthful into his/her later years with a companion.
- The workload to care for two cats is about the same as it is for one cat.
Can’t adopt? Here are five ways you can help shelter cats:
- Bring a Friend to the Shelter and Help them Adopt
You may have a cat yourself, but what about that that friend who has been thinking about adopting? Come see us today and bring a friend!
- Be a Foster Parent
You’ll get a heaping helping of love when you become a foster volunteer. We’re in urgent need of foster caregivers for animals with medical conditions.
- Sponsor a “Nine Lives” Cat
There’s no time limit on how long pets stay at BRHA, which means we always have a handful of long timers. One of our “Nine Lives” cats has been here the longest. Your sponsorship will help BRHA continue to care for long time resident cats.
- Pass Along Information about Spay/Neuter Programs
Do you know someone with a cat who has not been fixed? If so, ask them to call us at 363-5311 for information about spay/neuter programs.
- Bring a Present to a Shelter Cat
There are several items needed to help keep our cats happy and healthy. You can find a special item on our wish list and bring it to the shelter to brighten our cats day.